Kevin Cooper (832) 667-2035
Amy Palcic (832) 667-2220
Charles Hampton (832) 667-2282
Brett Maikowski (832) 667-2037
Omar Majzoub (832) 667-2241
Ellie Pardee (832) 667-2085
FOR PLANNING PURPOSES Wednesday, July 29, 2015
JULY 31-AUGUST 5
- Texans players will be available in the media workroom at NRG Stadium starting at 11 a.m. on Friday, July 31.
- Media should park in the southeast corner of Teal Lot (corner closest to the Kirby and Murworth intersection) and then cross Kirby to enter NRG Stadium through the West VIP entrance. The Teal Lot is located on Murworth.
- A Texans communications staff member will be at the West VIP entrance to assist media entering the stadium from 10:15-11 a.m. If the door is locked, call Omar Majzoub at 713-553-8223.
*(Practices open to the public in italics)*
|Sat., August 1||8-11 a.m.||11 a.m. on field||11 a.m. on field||Teal Lot|
|Sun., August 2||8:30-11 a.m.||11 a.m. on field||11 a.m. on field||Teal Lot|
|Mon., August 3||6-9 p.m.||9 p.m. on field||9 p.m. on field||Teal Lot|
|Tues., August 4||DAY OFF||DAY OFF||DAY OFF||DAY OFF|
|Wed., August 5||9-10:30 a.m.||10:30 a.m. on field||10:30 a.m. on field||Teal Lot|
PARKING: Media may park in the Teal Lot every day there is media availability. The lot can be accessed through the entrance on Murworth. When there are PRACTICES OPEN TO THE PUBLIC, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS MURWORTH FROM KIRBY DRIVE. On those open dates, you will have to travel down MAIN to get on MURWORTH. The open dates are August 1, 2, 3, 11, 12, and 19.
Access to the Teal Lot will be contingent upon prior Training Camp Credential approval.
CREDENTIALS: Credentials are required for training camp. If you have not done so already, please apply for training camp credentials at http://media.houstontexans.com. If you have a pending credential request, please contact Charles Hampton at email@example.com.
Credentials can be picked up at the gate for the Houston Methodist Training Center, located on Kirby and Murworth, starting at 7 a.m. on August 1 and 30 minutes before each practice day thereafter. Texans staff will be outside the gate to distribute credentials during practices. Each individual person will have to pick up their own credential. Please have proper identification ready for pickup.
PRACTICE: All practices will take place on the grounds of the Houston Methodist Training Center. Morning practices typically run from 8 or 8:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. Night practices will go from 6 to 9 p.m.
PLAYER AVAILABILITY: Players will be available on the field following each morning practice.
BILL O’BRIEN MEDIA AVAILABILITY: Head Coach Bill O’Brien will address the media on the field following each practice.
THE MEDIA WORKROOM: The media workroom at NRG Stadium can be accessed through the West VIP entrance across from the intersection of Kirby and Murworth. Media can pass through the pedestrian gate at the southeast corner of the Teal Lot (corner closest to Kirby and Murworth intersection) and walk to the entrance. If the door is locked, call Omar Majzoub at 713-553-8223.
Wireless internet is available in the Texans media workroom.
- Live shots must be coordinated with Charles Hampton.
- Media will be able to conduct live shots from the Teal lot. There will be a designated area for live trucks on the south side of the Teal Lot, closest to Murworth Drive.
- Morning live shots with satellite trucks can be done starting at 5 a.m.
- All other live shots (for example, those using LiveU and other portable broadcast solutions) can be done throughout the morning with advance permission from the Texans Communications Department.
Texans media web site: http://media.houstontexans.com
Texans PR on Twitter: @TexansPR
Houston Texans on Twitter: @HoustonTexans